Friday 18 February 2022

Sunday, February 13, 2022

Oakville, Ontario

Nitai Avatar

I’m so happy to hear new speakers take a crack at delivering a class for the first time. This morning Premarani, from Mexico, gave the class. Each person brings something unique to the table.

Later I went to visit Neil Cox, the wood sculptor, at his workshop. He is progressing with his massive chunk of maple tree, carving out Krishna. I was moved when I heard he secured a tree from the area I was raised in, the Blenheim-Ridgetown area. I was further moved when I saw in the loft the mock image of Chief Tecumseh, the great warrior of whom he crafted a beautiful piece for the Windsor public library. I was born by the river just a two day walk from where Tecumseh was killed in action two centuries before.

By 3:15 in the afternoon, it was time to scoot over to Oakville where there is this amazing yoga studio called “iGita.” Such ambiance! I was glad to see a group dynamic there numbering around the figure of fourty, all masked. A good number of children were present. If you have a Sunday school program, you will attract people.

It was such a pleasure to speak about the most benevolent avatar of all, Nityananda. This historic personality is not so well established in the world. The onus is on us, bhakti-yoga practitioners, to share with whomever we meet. Nityananda, along with another avatar, Chaitanya, inaugurated the movement of sankirtan, ecstatic chanting amongst the public. His name in short is Nitai.

May the Source be with you!





 

No comments: