Sunday 13 February 2022

Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Owen Sound, Ontario

Credit to the Credit

Argentina devotees approached me for a Zoom call on the topic, “Personal Journey,” so I delivered what I could about my early days of contact with monks while I was at college. I was a fine arts student but more than eager to be a student of life in becoming more acquainted with who I really am and what is my purpose. I felt, at the time, that it was rather futile to just “follow the herd” and then end up dying. I was looking for human depth, so those five brahmacaris (monks) got me going.

The listeners, many miles away in Argentina, were happy with the details, completing a second class for the morning but one more class, a Gita Chat, was to occur in the evening in a northern town. Enroute to the place – Owen Sound – Mahadeva, Annapurna, and I stopped by midway to meet Mitchel of Orangeville.

Mitchel took us to the Credit Valley Trail, which edges along the Credit River, a spring-fed flow of water originating above the Niagara Escarpment and flowing for 100 kilometres to Lake Ontario. It is a gem of a river. Because of the time of year we are content contending with the snow. Everything is pristine on the trail; the water, snow, the cedars and pines and the glowing sun.

With the walk completed, we moved north on our set of wheels to indulge in prasadam at the Hannas and then finally our Gita Chat with Chapter 2.

May the Source be with you!


 

No comments: