Sunday 13 February 2022

Thursday, February 3, 2022

243 Ave. Rd., Toronto

Lightness

 

“Hey,” said the rather bubbly guy, tall, middle-aged, jovial. “I haven’t seen you guys for a while. When I was a kid and we saw you bald and white fellows my dad would say, ‘They’re crazy.’Anyways, here I am now picking up a take-out dinner, seeing you guys again after all these years. We used to live one street over...”

Our new friend was amiable and talkative (in a most positive way). He kept Srikant and I very busy listening and we kept quite happy for his being there. He was a character, for sure. Persons like him put a nice exclamation mark to the day. Some light-heartedness needs to be there in the course of twenty-four hours. Life is drab if you go through it without even a joke here or there.

I was trudging through the snow on a street and then came to a clearing. I then met, at the juncture of the street, a man who looked a bit lost. Of course, he was needing directions.

“Can I help you?”

With a substantial hat on and masked for covid, it was hard to tell of his ethnicity.

“Yes, I’m looking for Avenue Road.”

“I live on Avenue at a temple. I’ll show you to the street,” I said when I could detect light-to-dark skin and with a bit of an accent.

“I’m from Bangladesh.” He stated.

“Then you must know Krishna?”

From there came another light moment to my day, and to the man who was a bit lost.

May the Source be with you!

 


 

No comments: