Monday 7 February 2022

Friday, January 28, 2022

Brampton, Ontario

Working on the Feet and Teeth

 

It may sound familiar to you. You’re at the dental clinic for a cleaning of the teeth and before you get in the chair the very friendly assistant starts talking.

 

I was just hanging my coat in the cubical when she started the conversation with a question. “What are you doing this weekend?”

 

“Well, one thing is I’ll be going to Hamilton, to Hess Village, the trendy part of the city, to conduct some mantra meditation.”

 

“Oh, is that what you do?” She was curious seeing my monk’s attire.

 

“I’m a teacher of bhakti yoga.” By now I’m reclining in the dental chair and she continues to be nice.

 

“I’ve done yoga. It really makes you feel good. But haven’t done it for a while. Do you travel a lot?” By this time I’ve been given the usual protective dark glasses to wear. Then, just before her fingers enter my mouth, I answer.

 

“I’m usually in India by now.”

 

“That’s interesting.” She says, but I can’t say too much more. She’s busy looking at my teeth and has begun the cleaning process. When I get a second I blurt out, “I do travel on foot. I did Canada four times.”

 

She’s impressed and continues to work at the plaque on my teeth so, again, I can’t say much more. At a breathing moment I slip in, “I’ve also done the States and a few other countries.” Back into the mouth she goes.

 

“That’s quite the feat!” she remarks.

 

And at the first opportunity I say, “A feat with the feet.”

 

May the Source be with you!

2 km



 

No comments: