Sunday 27 February 2022

Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Yorkville, Toronto

Follow Sadhana

I’m getting invitations to various locations. North Carolina, Montreal, Minneapolis, the Canadian Prairies, and overseas. One friend of mine asked me to come to Florida. “Just walk all the way down from Toronto,” he urged facetiously.

“I don’t have a problem going southbound for the long haul. The issue is the border. It can get tense between Fort Erie and Buffalo.” In one sense I’m ready to go and, when and if I get to some destinations, I’m confident of the good time I’ll have because everywhere I go there will always be engagement in devotional service.

I am not a super fan of Gandhi, but I do believe he did and said some noble things, such as “the meaning of life is service.” Bang on! He was right. Wherever I go I will be routine oriented. I will follow my sadhana, my regulations, because that’s always good for the brain. The spiritual practice, in and of itself, such as chanting, is good for my soul. Besides that, it is a pleasure to execute. “It’s fun,” so says Krishna, in the Bhagavad-gita, Chapter nine.

Part of my daily regimen is to walk wherever I am; whether I’m in Buenos Aires, Hawaii, or India, I have to do my walk, even though it’s embarrassing by meagre distances these days. To wind up the day, I ventured along in the neighbourhood at, negative ten degrees Celsius. After yesterday’s melt and thaw, everything froze again. Everything glistens with sun in daylight and city lampposts at night. The ice is bumpy, dangerous, but shines like anything.

It’s always good to look at the bright-side of everything.

May the Source be with you!

3 km



 

No comments: