Friday 7 December 2018

Wednesday, November 28th, 2018


Toronto, Ontario

East On Danforth

There was good prana in the air, that is it was ‘very alive’ as I breezed through with a confident step.  The particular area where you catch a nice wind, or rather it catches you, is on the Danforth Bridge over the Don Valley.  There, you are way on top, above a river, train tracks, a foot-path, many shrubs and scattered trees as well as a massive lake beyond it—Lake Ontario.

Once I arrived at Danforth Avenue, it became a pedestrian vibrancy.  With schools around, you have students, teenagers, who are a bit into their own world. As I approached Pape Avenue, a thin middle-aged male came up to me at a juncture while I was waiting for green to light up.

"What order do you belong to?" he asked after seeing an obvious robe.

"Hare Krishna,"I said. "You're familiar?"

"Yes!"

"Our guru arrived in '65 to introduce a much older tradition with roots from India."

"Yes, I've read the Gita by your guru.  It's an amazing dialogue."

I concurred.  "It's so relevant.  We all hit low points, as Arjuna did.  Then Krishna delivers the eloquent pep-talk which can apply to all of us even today."

My new friend, Mario, seemed to be on the same page with me.  He wanted to keep in touch, which is a good sign.  Had I been in civies (civilian clothes) we would not have been able to meet, most likely.

It was a good walk.

May the Source be with you!
5 km

No comments: