Saturday 1 December 2018

Sunday, November 25, 2018

Brampton/Toronto

Sending a Message for Giving

Once again, an audience of a devotional kind was grateful for a bhakti drama.  In a less formal way of speaking, “Many Moms Many Dads” came off as a crowd pleaser and I’m indebted to those who volunteered as actors and technical personnel for the presentation in Brampton.

In Toronto, I gave a class from the Gita highlighting the importance of sharing or giving this wisdom to those who are not so acquainted with it.  

Sanjay was the secretary of a blind king, but he had the vision to see the benefits of disseminating this knowledge. Quoting Sanjay, who was in ecstasy personally at receiving the wisdom, he said, “So wonderful is that message that my hair is standing on end.”

For the month of December, devout followers of Krishna bhakti will engage in a book distribution marathon because it is a benevolent thing to do.  December is also the month when the Gitawas spoken, so it’s a nice way to celebrate.

After my deliveries in both dramatized and orator fashion, I set myself up for a walk where I could really appreciate the textures and intense colours of the season. Some people make the most of it, décor-wise.  At least my eyes were getting a kick out of what I was seeing and feeling in the nighttime stroll, although it wasn’t so extreme as to get my hair “standing on end.”

Yorkville, where I strode for an hour or more, is an ideal place for this kind of sensory satisfaction.  I came back to the ashram and had a great sleep by divine mercy.

May the Source be with you!
5km




No comments: