Tuesday 11 December 2018

Saturday, December 8th, 2018

Mississauga / Markham

Six Refreshing K's

I managed a refreshing six kilometres of walking from Yonge and Lawrence to the ashram. At the major juncture of Eglinton, I and a host of pedestrians waiting at the stop light, looked on in shock. And horror  at an older person with a walker crossing the street on the red.  Traffic was approaching but he managed to walk through out of the courtesy of the motorists who saw what was going on.  He was dangerously in his own world.

My walk was another nighttime walk, after conducting a house program in Markham.  There were quite a few new people there experiencing kirtanfor the first time.  They were quite eager to hear of my walking pastimes, so I obliged them. That request came in earlier on in Mississauga when I attended a program of a similar nature at a household there. For them, I told of wildlife attacks and threats from bears, birds and wasps.

My companion for that program was Dwarkanath, a Toronto monk from Bangladesh, who just lost his mum to cancer.  It's a little tough for him.  He wasn't there at the cremation as it took place in Kolkata. He's a good soul and I'm sure so was she, bless her heart.

I'm trying to encourage him to take walks just as I do.  He's still struggling with the weather challenge of Canada.  "The air is fresh here and you can get some prana, good air power, from the experience," I explained.  "Be a warrior."  Bravery is what I was alluding to.

Overall, it was a fulfilling day.  One last event was the Kid's GitaContest held in Toronto's ISKCON Centre.  The young children recited verses from the Gitafrom memory.  Impressive!

May the Source be with you!
6 km


No comments: