Monday 24 December 2018

Thursday, December 20th, 2018

Toronto, Ontario

Song for a Season

I was walking along the VIctorian street
Hopin' to feel like I'm on a retreat
The ornaments were shining oh so bright
It was dark but awesome to look at the sight
The winter solstice is just around the corner
And I felt for the people alien, foreigner
Livin' in a time when you are so left out
Scrambling for fun in the moving about
Because it ain't comin' so easy, not comin' so easy
No, it ain't comin' so easy, not comin' so easy.
Life can be hollow at the time of the hallow’d
No family, few friends, no one to follow
There's not much to cheer when in search of the beer.
I took up my steps while in the thought of this fear
Got back to the temple to see at the door
The good man Raymond who made the day's score
A rough day he had and I said just one thing
"You've got everything in life it could possibly bring
The greatest gift is to have something to do
A purpose—a goal when it's not about you,
So pick up a drum, or clang the kartals
Open the mouth it sounds sweeter than bells.
I assure you it's easy
Oh yes it's easy, it's easy, so easy, oh yes it's easy.
Pick up a drum, or clang the kartals,
Open the mouth it sounds sweeter than bells."

It's so easy. 

©Bhaktimarga Swami Dec. 2018

May the Source be with you!
4 km

No comments: