Monday 28 July 2014

Friday, July 25th, 2014

Calgary, Alberta

A Monk’s Take on Family and Kids


“I would just like to see wholesome families become a part of the social fabric.”  This I expressed to a young devotee of Krishna who’s engaged to be married. 

It was the second time today that I had a conversation on the topic of marriage.  “New world with old values,” were our mutual thoughts.  “Many new experiments aren’t working,” said the thoughtful young man, without elaborating. 

Then I offered to say, “Chosen life partners must be good listeners towards each other.”

A second person whom I would deem as successful in his marriage of several years, told of a third child on the way, and that I played a major role in what will soon be a new arrival.  He explained that in my last visit I said something about how a good couple should consider many children.  “It would increase a finer percentage of humans,” that was the logic.  We know that is not always the case, yet my observation tells that dharmic couples can help the world with their procreation. 

This second person, also a pious person, asked me frankly, “What do you, a monk, think of people like me, a married man, caught up in the world of money?”

I was frank, “You’re doing great.”  I indicated, “Let’s populate the world with great offspring, kids with a good sense of right and wrong and who have a good drive.”  We rambled on as rain and wind continued to be a lame excuse for not trekking today. 

May the Source be with you!

0 KM

No comments: