Monday 14 December 2009

Friday, December 11th, 2009

Sri Krishna is coming to Town

Saskatoon

I spent the earlier part of the day scouting Saskatoon’s downtown on foot. My reason being is I have high hopes for this city in the near future. A seasoned devotee of Krishna who is from the Greater Toronto Area, has moved here recently. This means Krishna Consciousness will open it’s doors to this smart looking city in the prairies. Maybe I should put it in the opposite way, Saskatoon will open offer it’s welcome to Krishna Consciousness. My going about on foot is a way of checking the pulse of the city.

In the summer of 2006 I did walk through Saskatoon, on my third Canadian pilgrimage. At that time I was hoping and wishing that some presence of Krishna would make its way here. Now, with the presence of my host, Kasyapa Muni who has recently taken up work here and after having run a successful program of devotional gatherings in his former home. He will now duplicate the same here.

It is our ambition to offer the opportunity to the residence of this fine city the message of Krishna, found in his book Bhagavad-Gita. The public revels in the diversity of choice about lifestyle. Now the choice will be expanded. Although I haven’t as yet checked out the active yoga societies here, there is always room for more of Krishna’s words on the bhakti approach, the way of devotion. .

I was rather bundled up in winter attire while trekking through minus 20 degrees weather for three hours in the downtown area, on the trails of the south Saskatchewan river. I’m happy to be here in anticipation for Krishna Consciousness to be established here in the near future.

12 Km

No comments: