Thursday 22 June 2017

Wednesday June 21, 2017

Dinosaur, Colorado

Kindness, Bugs and the Summer

The other day, Elizabeth was watering the lawn at her business, The Westward Motel. Being somewhat dehydrated, I ambled along in front of the place and asked her if the water was drinkable. And so I was invited to drink.

“This is the best water,” she reassured.

I asked her about her rates for accommodations. “Do you have monk rates?”

“Sure, I’ll help you. You can stay for free. How many nights?”

“Three for three.”

“Okay.”

Elizabeth and partner, Shawn, demonstrated optimum hospitality. We gifted them with a small package of books by the Bhaktivedanta Book Trust. They were happy. It was our check-out time and time to move on.

And speaking of happiness, our group of three, were exceedingly content with the swim, yesterday evening, in a spring that fed into the Yampa river. My limbs got especially relaxed from the dip last night. Second to walking is swimming. My experience is that they go hand-in-hand.

Now my stretch for trekking today took me on Hwy 40 to the hamlet of Dinosaur. It was here that many discoveries were made of fossils, bones and remains of the huge animals of pre-historic times. Rather neat, if I might say so.

The reality of today was not sighting T-Rex, but having thousands of bugging, buggy wiggies constantly around my torso and head. I don’t know if they are out here to celebrate the summer solstice but they are definitely having a party with me. I take it as an austerity.

After our 20 mile trek today, our group drives back to Steamboat Springs to the Yoga Center of Steamboat to celebrate the summer’s arrival.  https://www.facebook.com/YogaCenterOfSteamboat/posts/1304640409590833

May the Source be with you!

20 miles

No comments: