Sunday 25 June 2017

Saturday June 24, 2017

Roosevelt, Utah

Motorists Who Stopped and What They Said

Worker: “I saw you walkin’. I work in the heat all day. I know how it feels. I'll give you a ride.”

An elderly man and his wife: “Come in! You must be thirsty and hungry. I’ll take you somewhere where I can get you food and drink.”

A woman: “What are you doing? Can I share some water?”

Man whose RV broke down: “If you're a monk, you got the wrong shoes on (should be sandals). Don’t mind me.” He chuckles. “I’m just giving you a hard time.”

A State Trooper: “You’re okay? Oh well, you're not in my county. Happy walking!”

A man and woman pulling a trailer: “I was talking with my wife, here, deciding if we should pick up a hitchhiker or not (referring to me), but you're different.”

An Hispanic local: “I’ll take you as far as Roosevelt, Utah. That's where I live.”

Roosevelt Policeman: “Where are you from? From New York to San Fransisco? Good luck!”

A farmer irrigating his field: I had to come over. I'm an architect, an artist, and I also harvest alfalfa on the side. I’ve never met a monk before. Happy trails!”

Meanwhile, two emails came to me, from a librarian I met yesterday, hoping my travels are safe, and well-wishes from Glen of Boulder, Colorado, who remembered me from the other day.

Hayagriva, Marshall and I then left for Salt Lake City for a program with the renowned ‘kirtan’ man, Madhava. I want to thank Shyam Vihari.

May the Source be with you!
20 miles

Please join Maharaja on Sunday June 25th at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time on Facebook live!




No comments: