Saturday 17 June 2017

Saturday June 17, 2017

Craig, Colorado

The Inner Cool

The fellow had a big grin on his face when he approached me at the corner of Yampa Avenue and 5th Street.

 “Yah know everyone’s facebookin’ yah. Could I get a selfie with us?” Meaning his cute little daughter was to be included.

“Of course!” Snap!

It was quite phenomenal at how much exposure our little team achieved out there, with merely two news articles plus photos, and simply walking westward along Highway 40 between the two communities of Steamboat Springs and Craig.

In downtown Craig, Whittle the Wood Fest is being held and folks are in a relaxed mood. Just about every other person on the street had spotted the saffron robes and let me know about it. It caused the same sensation with motorists and many pulled over.

“Hey, it’s great to meet you! I read about you! I saw you!” And naturally they wanted to congratulate me.

Luke and his wife stopped. “Do you have some advice?”
“Yes, as humans we have an obligation to take care of both the physical and the spiritual sides of life. We must achieve a balance.”

To Scott and friend, I said, “Let’s slow down the pace of existence and address the needs of the soul.”

At one point it was hard to move forward. One motorist after the other wanted a little piece of the action with The Walking Monk. It was so welcoming. Finally at Stylz 5th Avenue hair salon, the owner came out and offered moisturizer for my poor dried feet. I appreciated the display in her shop promoting ‘sexy hair gel’ but I really liked the caption “Find Your Inner Cool” with the image of James Dean.

May the Source be with you!
22 miles

Editor’s Note: The Walking Monk will be at the Sundance Studio, 385 Anglers drive, Suite D, in Steamboat Springs, Sunday June 18, 2017 from 6 to 8 p.m. Join him for an evening of stories, chanting and inspiring movement. 970-819-9275



No comments: