Wednesday 28 June 2017

Tuesday, June 27th, 2017

Duchesne, Utah

Near Strawberry River

I just have to re-cap what happened last night.  I was trying to catch up on some miles.  To do so, Marshall dropped me off at the “River Road,” as some locals call it.  This is where I’d left off earlier on.

It was 9:45 p.m.  The sun was tucking itself away.  Vision was dull.  I saw a pedestrian coming toward me on this quiet road.  You don’t see someone walking at such times.  I admit I was a little fearful because of the rarity of the situation.

I shouted, “Hello!”

Suddenly the pedestrian became startled and turned to reveal its profile.  It had four legs.  It was a cow who had gotten away and was trying to re-connect with its herd.

This morning I observed more cattle, but they were, as usual, protected behind a fence and out to pasture.  I was then driven back to Vernal for a radio chat with Amy Richards from KLCY 105.5 Eagle Country Radio, on their morning show.  Johnny Cash was singing “Walk the Line” in between the two segments of our interview which, of course, was a promotion for introspective walking—pilgrimage.



The interview attracted some interest.  Roberta, an Apache woman, heard the talk while working at a drive-thru eating place.  She came out and called for me, even charged after me to offer me her fresh-made bread.  Highway Patrol officer, Kellie Oaks, pulled over.  We talked about the permanent nature of the soul, of God, time, energy.  They never change.

“The only thing that can change is our attitude and, hence, our karma or action should adjust from negative to positive.”  The officer seemed to relish the message.

May the Source be with you!

18 mi


No comments: