Sunday 30 March 2014

Wednesday, March 26th, 2014

Cleveland, Ohio

In Cleveland

I arrived at the bus depot in downtown Cleveland, and while I enjoyed this new space, so did some meadowlarks that happened to get inside.  They flew from light fixture to light fixture, pooping around and sometimes they came in for a landing picking up a snack scrap or two left on the floor.  They appeared to be trapped though, and they weren’t sure how to get out. 

This dynamic nearly reminded me of a famous episode in the epic, The Mahabharat, where Abhimanyu, the young warrior, so expertly was able to penetrate through the military barrier.  Once in, he was unable to exit as the barrier closed in on him. It is actually a sad moment in the story, and it meant Abhimanyu’s end

Dayal Nitai, my host in Cleveland, had come to fetch me while I had eyes on birds, and mind on the battlefield.  Once we arrived at his home at Hillsdale Road, he treated me to some of his raw food preparations.  He tells me he’s writing a book which includes those recipes of his, “Masterpiece Recipies”.

Now to work off the calories of that fine food, I ventured off, but only for an hour, taking in good air and moving my limbs.  I satisfy myself in breathing in what is one of the greatest gifts, and I appreciate that my legs  are the most outstanding mobilizers that a human can savour in.

A Wednesday group met at Dayal’s in the evening, and after a kirtan, our discussion based on the Bhagavad Gita 11.53/54, was all about the aspiration to see God.  Our conclusion was that as you pursue devotion, the eagerness to have a vision of someone calms down, and that energy transforms to “doing”, at which time, God sees you. 

May the Source be with you!

5 KM

No comments: