Tuesday 11 March 2014

Monday, March 10th, 2014

Toronto, Ontario

I See The Ice…

From “Here Comes The Sun” (George Harrison):

“Little darlin’ I see the ice is slowly melting…”

These fine lyrics were somewhat ringing in my ears as I watched tiny rivers in all directions by the sidewalk headed for lower altitudes, pouring into manholes.  Patches of concrete were dry.  Other patches were mounds of snow. 

Is it a sign of the end of the winter of our discontent.  Who knows?  I can’t complain too much like others around here.  I evaded much of 2013/14 crazy cold freeze having been in Guyana and India, walking through fair weather. 

With melting snow racing to its destinations, ultimately contributing to one of the great lakes of the world, I see raja guna (the mode of passion) at play.  And in a really good way.  It’s like when the soul, having spent lifetimes in silly pursuits, suddenly comes to a state of realization.  The blockage of ignorance is finally broken.  One becomes conscious. 

Or, we could compare the thaw to the unborn child packed up in the womb, and then now makes its entry into the world after a long wait. 

I could see other pedestrians happy with the melt.  I could hear at one spot the loud sound of ice and snow collapsing under the wheels of an automobile’s tire because there was no more anchorage to hold up the mass elements.

These sights and sounds were like a jazz session – happy, moving and stirring.  I trekked until the sun was no longer coming, but going, as it caused a spill of saffron across the western sky.  Nature is entertaining. 

I thought, “I just went to a free concert with gorgeous visuals.  Thank you, Creator, You are the Source.”

May the Source be with you!

7 KM

No comments: