Thursday 11 March 2021

Wednesday, March 3, 2021

243 Avenue Rd.

 

Value the Company You Have

 

It was a day of pain. The right leg, from hip to toe, was aggravated. I managed to be on call for administrative duties at 6:30 a.m. but after that I prescribed to laying down and keeping cool. Mustard seed oil and alternative ice pack application became a routine for the day, along with plenty of rest.

 

It was unfortunate that I had to cancel a motivational talk and leading a kirtan chanting session for a serious cancer patient and her family in our community. I did manage to reach another family, stricken with Covid, by the phone. Suffice to say, while the three of them were all bedridden, so was I. We agreed, light heartedly, that we would try to enjoy being unwell at the same time.

 

Lots of suffering is going on. If you take it the right way you will come out of it with enhanced gratitude. Illness is often good for the ego. It puts you into a reality zone.

 

Because I live in an ashram/monastery I have people near me. I get some attention. Cameron offers a voluntary massage. Dwarkanath warms up coconut milk with anti-inflammatory turmeric. Karuna fetches a crutch. David brings Tylenol. My doctor keeps tabs on me. I receive a lot of love. In as much, the families I mentioned have each other.

 

What about the many people during this Covid time that are found alone, in a solo apartment setting with no one to tend to them? How depressing that must be when ill! I would like to say “value what company you have, especially something we call sangha, positive company.”

 

May the source be with you!

0 km

 

Please view our new film, Rolling the Dice:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF3legHdMgI



 

 

 

No comments: