Friday 26 March 2021

Friday, March 19, 2021

243 Avenue Rd., Toronto

 

Reaching Out

 

Every time I receive a copy of “Bruce Trail Magazine” in the mail I get mixed feelings. I’m eager to look at its cover, which is always inspiring and puts one in touch with nature and I get excited upon browsing through and reading (some of) its contents. I crave to be on that trail, any stretch of its 900 km distance, but two factors hamper that possibility.

 

One deterrent is the restrictions of people coming together if they don’t live together, to undertake such an adventure, even if only for an afternoon, due to Covid. Secondly, my knees just can’t hold up to the task. Now that I’m free from crutches, I’m still not totally independent of some support. I still hobble along a bit. It’s tough on the spirit.

 

To keep my enthusiasm up I stay in touch with others who excite my intentions to carry-on. For instance, it’s now two or three times a week that I’m on Zoom for meetings with colleagues from different parts of the world. It’s mostly administrative stuff, that is the reason for the calls, but it’s a boost just to see them and encourage them to plug away in their endeavours to set policies and do some problem-solving. It’s encouraging.

 

I also find it as such when calling individuals I know who just need to talk. These days everyone can use a few words of upliftment. If I don’t call I will hear my ringtone, which means someone wants to talk.

 

May the Source be with you!

0 km

 

Please view our new film, Rolling the Dice:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF3legHdMgI


 

No comments: