Monday 15 March 2021

Friday, March 12, 2021

243 Avenue Rd., Toronto

 

A Clean Chaitanya

 

Yesterday the temperature reached an all-time high for Ontario at 16° C for March 11th. The mercy of Shiva. Today, however, it turned a bit nippier, which deterred my trip to the park. I am on crutches still, and David was going to be a walking companion, a necessity, although the green space is only across the street. The chill would aggravate my condition for the time being.

 

For now, those of us who are within the Vaishnava culture are gearing up for the coming birthday of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, a most noteworthy walker and dancer from the 15th to early 16th century. For us he is the most important avatar there is. The big event ahead of us falls on the 28th of this month. Normally the program features kirtan, chanting sessions of an exuberant nature. However, due to restrictions on people gathering, that will not happen this year; at least in many parts of the world.

 

It was very gratifying to see the area on the balcony where I sometimes pace, that some water and soap was applied to the Chaitanya display we have under the alcove section. I managed to hobble along (without the crutches) to see the exceptional cleaning job of our man, Cameron. I say “exceptional” because it is my experience that many people I know have a cleaning-phobia. It’s true. That wish to clean up an area in need may be there, however, the application is somewhat weak. I would say that today’s addiction to screen viewing has made us all creatures of less physicality. Anyways, thank you Cameron.

 

May the source be with you!

0 km

 

Please view our new film, Rolling the Dice:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF3legHdMgI


 

 

 

No comments: