Friday 26 March 2021

Saturday, March 20, 2021

Ramsden Park, Toronto

 

Spring’s First Day

 

“It’s a beautiful day,” said the bespectacled middle-age man with his smart elbow padded sport suit.

 

I agreed. “We really didn’t have much of a winter.”

 

“That’s true,” he said reassuringly. He was curious and wanted to keep up the conversation. “How long have you been a Buddhist?”

 

“I’m a Krishna a monk. I joined in ‘73.”

 

“Yes, my wife is quite the admirer of Krishna Murti’s teachings.”

 

“Yes, he is well known.” I replied.

 

“That’s my connection to India. I’m from Iraq and I have lots of Indian friends,” he said.

 

“We have lots of Indian families coming to our temple.” I said as I pointed.

 

“I hear you have delicious food at your place.”

 

“Yes. Govinda's restaurant. Please come.”

 

Shortly after our chat I received a call from Calgary. “You’re on in 10 minutes,” said the Calgary kirtan coordinator, Saci Pran.

 

“Oh my God! I thought it was for tomorrow. I’m leaving right away.”

 

So, I left the picnic table and rushed as best as a hobble can, and once I entered the ashram I paged our drummer and harmonium players over the phone system. At least the latter showed up. Just as Balabhadra from Atlanta was winding down, two of us were in a frenzy setting up. We manage to start singing right on time. Mission accomplished.

 

Three other Zooms occurred on the first of spring day. Niagara, Oakville and finally central Asia were the spots for communication. The last one happily dragged till midnight.

 

May the source be with you!

0 km

 

Please view our new film, Rolling the Dice:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF3legHdMgI


 

 

No comments: