Thursday 11 March 2021

Saturday, March 6, 2021

243 Avenue Rd., Toronto

 

Ties

 

March 6th is one of those days on the calendar that mentally registers with me since childhood. I have a sister, Connie, and it’s her birthday today. Although I’m a monk who doesn’t often mingle in all kinds of familial affairs by tradition, I do believe it’s important for me to maintain some kind of connection with what biological ties still exist. Connie is not my only sibling. I have more — two more sisters and two more brothers. (Let’s call them sibs). We love each other.

 

We all agreed on one commitment. We will Zoom-call each other whenever there is a birthday. This evening’s call was memorable. It was one of those, “do you remember when…?” kind of calls. It was all good. We can be quite the yappity group at times like this. Both of our parents have deceased but we agreed to do that Zoom call on their birthdays as well; an excuse to get together.

 

Yeah, getting together is natural as we humans are social animals.

 

I also received a call from Yogendra, from Lunenburg, Nova Scotia. No blood ties here but we are connected as a spiritual family. Yogendra has his own family. He has a wife, Rasa, and they have three fantastic kids, however, he is a student of mine and we chat occasionally. I offered a reminder to him to keep in contact with the nearby Halifax devotees, that it was important to sustain a tie with the spiritual family in his area even if it can only be done virtually during Covid times.

 

I would say boldly that if one perseveres one’s spiritual self then you preserve yourself.

 

May the Source be with you!

0 km

 

Please view our new film, Rolling the Dice:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF3legHdMgI


 

 

 

No comments: