Friday 5 April 2019

Saturday, March 30th, 2019

Thornhill / Toronto

The Uber Man

Ruben was our Uber driver to get to the Prasher home. From Africa, but now in Toronto, he took a real liking to Connor and I and our lifestyle.  During our conversation, we spoke about books. Ruben seemed rather intelligent, yet admitted that he didn't read big books.

"Well, what's your favourite book?" he asked Connor.

"The book called Bhagavad-gita,” said Connor, and as he said it, I happened to be reading a passage from a copy I had brought with me while sitting in the back seat.

"Here," I said, "is this too big?" as I handed him the book I would read from at the Prasher's.

"No, this isn't too big.  Thanks a lot."

Once we arrived at the new and posh home in Thornhill, we invited Ruben to have a look inside.  The Prashers were only too happy to accommodate him for a few minutes before we began our kirtanchanting.  Ruben was taken to an elaborate altar.  He knew Ganesh and the story of his life.  Ruben was happy and went away with a plate of samosas and sweets, and then our kirtan began.  It was nice.

A trip to the Yoga Show, later, was the second visit for the weekend.  Another of our temple kirtangroups led the chanting and drumming.  I decided to begin a dance.  Surprisingly, those either lying there or seated in the lotus position, got up and began to engage in dancing as well.  Exhibitors and yoga attendees popped over for a look.  I conducted a simple folkish-type set of moves.  I believe it was a very different display for them, not just stretches.  Saturday Night Fever-ish, it was.  https://www.instagram.com/p/BvrOKlwgldJ/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=oikow286k1ek

May the Source be with you!
0 km

No comments: