Tuesday 30 April 2019

Monday, April 22nd, 2019

Durban, South Africa

Fun Under No Sun

The temple in Durban has a rather elaborate book display, which on its own merit demonstrates the great wisdom presented on Vedic culture.   https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwnt-fwAD3H/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=xis41sh4hyn8 I took personal note of this as I was preparing to leave for, of all things, a picnic with the volunteer actors whom I worked with.  We drove to an old quarry where a benevolent owner had turned the place into a fun outdoor park with trails and obstacle courses.  We took advantage of the trail to a waterfall.   https://www.instagram.com/p/BwqPgjlACZB/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=m70n03cgeduy Over lunch I read from the Krishnabook and engaged the listeners in charades on one story about Aghasura. Great fun!  https://www.instagram.com/p/BwlX9mVgzMT/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=7cqrqeifocc4

Today was also a last crack at the Bhakti Cloud tent for more as Dance Master.  That was terminated by two hours leading kirtan on the final Chariot journey; the first time happened Friday.  The djembeaccompaniment made all the difference.  This drum transcends the rain which was the actual weather condition.

The downpour came especially as we were completing two kilometres of weaving through the streets with all three chariots. They looked spiffy with lights glowing in the dark.  The actual luminaries for me were the hundreds of chanters making a difference on this final day of the Easter Weekend.

While I'm having the time of my life, and others as well in this more or less tiny spot on the globe, I am personally troubled by the news of the recent bombings in Sri Lanka.  What cowards would do such horrendous things?  I pray for the loss of the lives of the innocent. There are events going on in the world that make me sick.

May the Source be with you!
7 km




No comments: