Tuesday 30 April 2019

Saturday, April 27th, 2019

Phoenix, Mauritius

To Another Town

Kala and I went to Belle Mare once again for one of those beach walks.  It's quiet.  Whoever may roam there has a similar intent to ours.  Get tranquil.  With beads in hand, we put an extra layer onto the experience, and I'm sure that there are others who take time to add a prayer to their day. https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwv45yrgJd1/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1sgzzhbfpim1d

Upon returning to the home of our hosts, Amar and Priya, I took the time to put order into my smaller luggage, as we're leaving for a trip elsewhere on the island. In my perusing of things, I pulled out a hand-written list of the twenty-six qualities of a yogiin devotion.

"Jambhavan, this is one of the greatest gifts I can ever give you. These are the qualities to cultivate: goals from the Gita. Please keep this notation of things to do in life.  In fact, write it down on another piece of paper and pass it on to Sukadeva, your friend, for his initiative in starting the project."

Jambhavan appreciated the list from Chapter Sixteen on becoming divine, and he knew I was asking for a tall order, a life mission in fact, but to be honest he took my direction very literally.  I guess asking a young person to hand-write a collection of twenty-six words, in English, plus transliteration for Sanskrit, is a daunting task for a computer-age kid. He took it well.

Now it was time to leave for the Phoenix area, and the Serge Constantine Theatre. Yes, we are prepared for the play, "Gods and Demons."  It’s a darling of a drama, a community builder, and a teen confidence booster.

In addition to the drama, there was a magic show—so wonderful, some bhajans, and Michael Oesch's film, "The Walking Monk."

May the Source be with you!
5 km



No comments: