Thursday 25 October 2018

Saturday, October 20th, 2018

Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh

Booster Words

In our plenary meetings, many discussions were held, including the topic of having female gurus.  That prospect is looking rather favourable, I’m happy to see.  Still, it’s been some days now sitting.  We all do it as a service.  The talks are necessary and the call of duty is of paramount importance.

Nevertheless, I do get antsy.  I felt blessed to be asked to give a boost talk to the young brahmacharimonks.  Perhaps eighty of them sat snuggly together to hear about inspiration and motivation behind bhakti,and particularly about the walking I’ve undertaken.

I told of stories of bear and moose, of interaction with people, how to contend with the elements, and what that does for me.  Adventure and building strength are always topics appealing to young men.

I noticed a good number of temple visitors also poking their heads into our space, listening intently.  I spoke to the crowd with such words as, “Most of you will be fathers and husbands, unless you already are, and you will have a big responsibility and carry on in life in the spirit of sacrifice.  You’ll be changing diapers (laughter).  So, these days of training are highly important for preparation of life skills. I really wish you the very best.”

The class was to run for an hour but somehow or other it extended itself, with questions, for an extra hour.  Oops! I was late for the afternoon session of meetings.

May the Source be with you!
2 km

No comments: