Monday 1 October 2018

Friday, September 28th, 2018

Toronto, Ontario

Over Food

Karuna and I walked to and from Subuddhi’s home near Christie Pitts, and there we had the best meal of prasadamincluding turnips, a favourite when done by her.  A few guests also came as well as Sita.  It’s been a while since seeing her.  I remember when she first came in the late ‘70s to explore the consciousness of Krishna.

Originally from Montreal, her family was mostly of an Anglo background.  She met Jivan M, and they got married.  The couple eventually bought a farm near Duntroon, a bit north, and Sita has been the one to get the veggies going, organic and good.

Here’s another couple who has this agro-initiative for a life-style.  This is of course what our guru, Prabhupada, wanted. Good food means good health.  Good food means it is offerable to Krishna. This summer has yielded a bumper crop. Much sun and much rain.  Thank you, Sita, for the talk over an exceptional lunch.  Keep up the good work on production.

Speaking of production, my main anxiety, as of late, is pulling together the drama, “Many Mothers, Many Fathers,” to be slotted into the upcoming ‘Man-Tra Retreat’ next week.  I just don’t have the cast I need, and lack of experience is at the helm of my worry. When I got onto the practice this evening with novices Akshay and Pratik, I saw their potential.  What a relief!  Perhaps a couple of stars are born.

Incidentally, our guru also was super fond of transcendental dramas.

May the Source be with you!
5 km

No comments: