Monday 16 June 2014

Saturday, June 14th, 2014

Greenwood, British Columbia

Beauty Along the Way


I walked amidst the red pine, cedar, and deciduous trees, and myriad herbs that seemed to line the roads on both sides.  The road is a marvelous vein that slices through nature’s environment.  Each morning I receive the nostril arousement from fragrant disbursements that those green companions share.   I only wish that the world could be with me to experience it.  You are lucky to catch it at the right hour, somewhere at dawn. 

A cattle rancher from the area proposed to offer a ride.  I declined for obvious reasons.  He was inquisitive so I explained my pilgrimage purpose.  His remark before he trailed off was, “Hope you find what you’re looking for.”

“Will do!”  I said, while in my mind I was content to believe that I’m indeed finding it – Divinity and all that’s natural around me. 

I met the Websters, a couple with this lovely home overlooking a valley with a lake.  They tell me their son has made it big on a TV show called “Timber Kings” to do with log homes.  Well, they have the ideal home themselves, which they proudly wanted me to view from the deck so I could capture the ultimate vista.  This was a slight divergence from walking while at the same time the meeting of people is part and parcel of this walking mission. 

May the Source be with you!

35 KM

No comments: