Friday 26 April 2013

Wednesday, April 24th, 2013

I Bumped Into Two Walkers

Burnaby, BC

I bumped into two walkers, they were better than me because I was stationary. They also let me know that they are superior, but it had nothing to do with who’s walking and who is not.

These two younger than me chaps were on a mission and I commend them for that. They were going door to door on behalf of Jehovah. When they knocked on my door at the guest house of our Krishna community, I answered and standing in front of me were two men, slightly smiling and clad in suits.

At first glance I thought, Mormons, perhaps? No! Very early in our dialogue, they identified their affiliation. This was my second encounter with members of the Kingdom Hall in a few days, and it was practically a rerun of the holier than thou attitude experience of last week. Hallelujah to absolutism.

It was let known to me that God has only one real name, and there’s only one way to salvation. I was also informed that God created man in his own image, but He has no gender or form. The contradictions fell into my ear. I was then misquoted by the same two fellows for saying that God is the tree, God is the grass. My actual words were that God has many aspects and one of them is that God’s divine presence is found in the tree which we were standing under, and in the grass which we were standing on top of.

I had asked of them to become a little more inclusive and to look for common ground between different spiritual approaches, yet my suggestion did not sit well with them. They insisted on having the truth and that it was their monopoly even though it was expressed in soft tone.

I guess it’s good for me to meet such persons. My patience gets tested. Out of ten I would give myself a low mark because I felt myself almost losing it with them. Oh well, I know I’ll be given another chance. I suggested that they not come to my door again because whatever I had to say to them was not an open door venture.

I hope we can try again when hearts are more open.

7 KM

No comments: