Monday 22 April 2013

Thursday, April 18th, 2013

Worry Less

Toronto, Ontario

Between school, homework and work itself young Durjoy gets occupied in his worries, maybe a little more than he needs to be.

He and I went for a stroll where Durjoy fretted over certain aspects of his life. There is nothing extraordinary in what's going on. Fortunately Durjoy has taken to the chanting of Krishna's name which he does between responsibilities. At his age (my guess 20) I was quite a "worry wart" myself. I started chanting and being in the company of spiritually minded people. These two ingredients alone really put me in the more - confident zone.

I receive regular calls from people who are in anguish so I try to offer some time. As you can imagine people want a sound board and much of it flies off-their-chest and serves as healing.

This world is a place of temporariness and misery, so it is stated in the Gita.

One form of therapy I find, is taking to some theater. Tomorrow is Romnaumi, The birth of the avatar, Ram, and I volunteered to assemble a drama about the epic of Ram. I conscripted a group of volunteers. some of whom I consider introverts. They were so eager to try, perhaps to get over a threshold of timidity.

With only one evening to practice it set myself into some worry, although I would classify it as wholesome worry. It was delightful to see at least two shy members of the crew break out of their shells.

So, there we have it - some guidelines on worry, nervousness, intimidation etc. It's chanting, company, engagement and talking that brings on the chilling out.

4 KM

No comments: