Tuesday 19 January 2010

Wednesday, January 13th, 2010

Good People

Toronto, Ontario

I had the pleasure to meet some great people yesterday. First of all, a young man, a student from a school of gifted individuals, came by for an appointment. As I greeted him at the reception, I could see he had a camera. He intended an interview on the topic of his choice, which was “Enlightenment” for his English class.

Well! All went well with questions and my answers though I consider myself to be a true novice on the topic. He seemed satisfied. I was impressed with his choice of subject matter since he had a vast opinion. His search was genuine. He truly wanted to understand “enlightenment”. I started to respond by looking at the word’s core, “light”, from two angles. First of all he appreciated the notion of light meaning not weighted down with bad habits and being very light-hearted or not anchored with mundane passions. Secondly, we looked at the word “light” as meaning being able to see with spiritual vision. From these two springboards, we dove deeper into the subject.

I admired one other quality in this student. He was an intense listener which is how enlightenment begins. What a breath of freshness this young man was!

Later in the evening I took the opportunity to speak with an especially reserved kind of couple. They have been coming around to our Govinda’s Vegetarian dining lounge and also taking vegetarian cooking classes. I’m glad to have met them. They are my kind of people because they are walkers. They explained that they will stroll from Yonge & Eglinton all the way to the waterfront, a length of two hours, and back to their apartment. They appear to have strength in their legs as well as strength in their words. I found that I could sit down with them and have a very pleasant conversation.

It really makes your day, nay, your life when you have good people that cross your path.

5 Km

No comments: