Tuesday 19 January 2010

Saturday, January 16th, 2010

Play Bold!

Dallas, Texas

A big part of the joy of walking is not just the physical workout and the great benefits derived from working all those muscles from head to toe, but it’s the air. I came to Dallas to attend meetings and even though weather here is mild compared to the Canadian outdoors, its nippy enough in the morning if you were to sit still. Meetings are rightfully held inside for privacy sake, lack of distraction and temperature. The air indoors leaves much to be desired. It’s virtually dead, trapped in square units we call rooms. I just need more movement of air and oxygen for the brain than what’s provided.

My walk on the trail along Santa Fe Avenue in a predominant Mexican neighbourhood is life-saving even though it is dark in the early hours. I saw a fellow in a wheelchair coming out of a small factory parking lot. I wondered what he was doing there. And at that hour. It seemed irregular.

During the day I did shuffle between meetings and drama practice with the local youth. The final outcome of the drama “Lonely People” performed by these youths being well anchored by our devotee actress, Nitai Priya, was good. It was well received and was my main contribution to the meetings.

I took another evening walk for winding down after the performance. A bus whizzed by me. In large lettering, an ad read “Bold Work / Bold Play”. Well, that we did, and all in the service of Krishna.

6 Km

No comments: