Thursday 2 July 2009

Monday, June 29th, 2009

Concentric Inspiration

Toronto, ON

Our photographer friend Haidee gave a generous offer of a choice at her top of the line photos. After perusing through the dozens of massive pictures projected on canvas and peering at portraits and people in action at both rural and urban India, I chose my pick. One piece called "Concentric" stole my heart. It depicts a turban wearing farmer watching over his oxen harnessed and anchored by a device and moving in centrifugal motion. The picture reminds me of what we, as a society of eco-friendliness should be going toward. It also reminds me of a verse from the book Bhagavatam wherein it states that our lives can evolve when we place ourselves at the post of dharma always moving around that sense of duty and obligation and never to swerve away from it.

Of course I had that picture, frame and all, in mind to adorn a wall in the temple. But I confessed to Haidee that we need a mate to "Concentric".

"Sure, which other one would you like?": she expressed with her continuous kind heart.

"Well, it's the one with the woman in a green saree seated at her stock of produce up for selling at the market. Haidee graciously reciprocated with us for the use of our space by granting the second photo.

This one also reminds me of what we all should be supporting - the growing of local food. How removed we are from living the truly natural life! Food get shipped in unripe from all parts of the world except your own place. It raises questions about the loss of the art of growing employment, good clean living, being practical and doing God's will.

I can't wait to get those photos on the wall to give our community members something serious to think about.

6 KM

No comments: