Saturday 26 December 2020

Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Ramsden Park, Toronto

 

Namaste!

 

I really prefer to get my vitamin D by catching some sun when I go for my daily stepping. But what if the full day is ridden by clouds like it often is these days? By the time my calls and Zooms are completed it’s dark. The daylight is over. Although it is normally an intense time during Christmas, with the current virus lockdown all is a “silent night." Even the natural world appeared still. Not a raccoon’s scratchy claws against a tree’s bark would be heard. To fill the ether within earshot I did chant my japa mantras.

 

My chanting these days, by the way, is dedicated to victims of Covid that I know. Also on my list are Indira, a very committed Krishna member from Mississauga, and Jim, a brother-in-law, who's struggling for his life, like Indira. My chanting is a prayer or an appeal for Krishna‘s mercy in assisting these good souls.

 

Good souls! Yes, they are all around us. Goodness pervades. It doesn’t always appear as such yet deep down inside there is a spark of purity in all of us.

 

As I was completing my tranquil appeal-for-help walk on Roxborough St. I saw, in the distance, a silhouette of a woman coming my way. The municipal lights shone in such a way as to create a well-covered and well-dressed stylish person heading east toward the affluent homes of Rosedale. I walked. The image walked. I walked. The image came closer—a woman. I walked and wondered, “Will she say anything?" I walked. She walked. Closer we came. “Namaste!" She said. “Hare Krishna!“ I said.

 

May the Source be with you!

3 km


 

No comments: