Saturday 26 December 2020

Monday, December 21, 2020

Ramsden Park, Toronto

 

Two Lights Felt

 

Saturn and Jupiter were to come very close together from the earth’s viewpoint. They were to appear as a bright star. I decided to execute my walk through Ramsden Park, doing a back-and-forth pacing where there is less interference by high-rise buildings. Unfortunately hazy clouds actually blocked the view. My anticipation for this darshan (sighting) became deflated. Being equipoised was my only refuge.

 

Now, have any of you ever listened to “The Planets" by music composer Holtz. If you have not, then you’ve wasted 50% of your life. Let your ear catch the piece, “Jupiter, Bringer of Jollity.” It is so irresistibly captivating. Very optimistic in spirit. Then there is “Saturn, Bringer of Old Age." It starts off with a mysterious calm, picks up its intensity and finishes with a beautiful resolve.

 

The power of listening to this music by Holtz is such that it leaves you in wonder. You feel like a tiny speck that exists in modesty within the vast world.

 

While ambling along through the park this evening I could only gaze at a blurry moon and watch the dozens of ice skaters merrily go about, in smooth stride under the brightly lit fixtures that are sub-level to the trees. I did come to terms with the inability to see the luminaries above. Like the soul which is hard to be seen but can be felt. However it can certainly do some observing. The planets of prominence tonight were not to be viewed but sensed. Jupiter brings on joy. Saturn commands calmness. I was feeling both as I wrapped up my stroll.

 

May the Source be with you!

3 km


 

No comments: