Tuesday 15 December 2020

Sunday, December 13, 2020

Saint Jamestown, Toronto

 

No Time to Ease Up Till Night

 

It was the second Sunday night in a row that I took a walk to Isabella Street to meet Vallabha and Michaela, the great couple that worked on our film, “Rolling the Dice.” My intent on the visit, which was outside their apartment for Covid safety, was to bring them a token of appreciation in the form of cake prasadam. Also, we needed to set some schedules to fine-tune our production. It was our first film.

 

My day was like a live-wire of bhakti, devotional service. At 6 a.m. I chatted with Vrishabanu, from India, on strategic planning topics. At 9 a.m. a Zoom call was scheduled with our community in Buenos Aires, to talk about the relevance of drama as a cultural avenue, especially for children. At 1:15 p.m. I was Zoomed for another session on “Tales from the Trails,” to our New York City community. It was hard for me to stop talking about that one. At 3 p.m. a third Zoom call for the day entailed getting our leaders together from our North American North zone, to see how to implement stricter safety measures in our temples due to the virus. At 4 p.m. I called one of my assistants from the west coast, talking over secretarial needs including dictation on the book, “Krishna in the Maple Leaf.” I also managed time for cooking some items in between all this, for Govinda’s dining hall.

 

Walking to the couples place was relaxing. I delight in finding a new route each time I venture there. There are so many choices. I just keep the required distance and chant during the process.

 

May the Source be with you!

5 km


 

No comments: