Sunday 24 February 2019

Tuesday, February 19th, 2019

Calgary, Alberta

Five Stops

Today I championed seven kilometres on the walking track. With me were companions Atmaram, Radha Madhava and Saci Pran. I found it advantageous to walk in socks, but to be a sport, I donned hiking boots for a photo. That was my first event of the day.  

Four more visitations of sorts were to follow, beginning with a few minutes of feel-good talk at a Fijian home, then lunch at a couple’s house where several sacred Tulasi plants grow luxuriantly indoors. The person tending to this family of plants is Sarva Mangala. It’s impressive what she does.  https://www.instagram.com/p/BuGlGzEAb-D/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=3fyg0v7p0xi3  I then did another home visit to Yogendra’s. He is a Nova Scotian-born chap, and with an El Salvadoran wife raises three little angels for kids (no sarcasm implied with the word ‘angels’).

The last venture of the day was at a downtown community hall which has two spaces: one being used for seniors who were enjoying an old-style dance (perhaps the Tennessee Waltz? My guess.), while the second room is where I delivered a message on the theme of  “Warming Up With the Walking Monk.” Somehow I was in sync with the weather pattern of the day, when all was white and bright, and melting.  I referred to the warming up as an analogy for getting closer to the self, the atma.

In the present age in which we live, most of us have turned a cold shoulder to our spiritual side. The talk today then dealt with exploring your inner self and taking the practical steps to do so.  I was pleased with the attendance and the questions.

May the Source be with you!
7 km

No comments: