Friday 1 February 2019

Saturday, January 26th, 2019

Oakville, Ontario

The Car and the Body

You would think that I would be fond of automobiles, since I have my best naps when I'm a passenger and they’re in motion. It doesn't seem to fail; the vibration lulls me to sleep.  For that I am grateful, however, I still view them, cars or trucks, as easy death machines.

On both to and from Kasyapa and Pachami's home in Oakville, I did doze—happily.  Nevertheless, the word is out that pedestrians are at a disadvantage. Apparently, there are record high accident fatalities in the Greater Toronto Area.  It seems like drivers are not careful enough, nor pedestrians, in some cases.

The case in point is that while we live in a world which glamorizes the auto, rarely do we speak of their dark side.  I think the car is a drug.

While on the topic of vehicles, our bodies are such. They do transport us at speed levels that are reasonable.  They also need care.  I was fortunate to have a person from the area do a massage from neck to toe.  Ugresh, fifty-two, came by the ashram to lay on the mustard seed oil and massage it in.  Mustard oil heats up the body which absorbs it quite well.  Massage is something that was thoroughly executed on the body of our guru, Prabhupada, daily.  It enhances relaxation, improves the movement of the bodily airs, makes muscles happy, and gives some addition to your life.

Walking and massage are two great ways of putting joy into life.  When walking, watch those cars.  They will give you a real hard massage if you’re not prudent.

May the Source be with you!
3 km


No comments: