Sunday 24 February 2019

Monday, February 18th, 2019

Calgary, Alberta

Genesis

The walking track inside Genesis YMCA worked out just fine for us.  7.7 laps means you’ve put in one kilometre.  Okay, so if I’ve got my math right, a mere thirty-six circles will get me an hour’s worth of walking and leave me with five kilometres.  That’s BINGO for me!!  A winner, but still a minimum winner over the thirty-four to forty-two I used to accomplish.  It’s something.  Whether outdoors or indoors, it’s something.

I’m not that intimidated but the 28 below temperature outside, but I would likely be alone.  It was more important to bond with some of the prominent  members of the Radha Madhava Cultural Centre.  After all they had organized a sweet festival the day before and similarly a duplicate today.

With Family Day on in Alberta today, people had the time and interest to attend a diksha or initiation ceremony for Yogita, age nineteen, whose new name is Yugala Priti. Friends and family came to see her sit before the fire, make her vows, hear mantras and partake of that delicious Krishna food.  (Oops, it was a little hot.)

For a young person to come forward and show a solid commitment as Yugala has done, leaves others inspired to take such steps as well.  There is a senior gentleman of seventy-six who lives in the centre’s ashram.  Yes, Haresh is very enthusiastic to take vows on following what’s sometimes called “the principles of freedom.”

May the Source be with you!
5 km



No comments: