Sunday 3 March 2019

Wednesday, February 20th, 2019

Calgary / Toronto

A Couple

I gave the elderly couple next to me, on Air Canada Flight 134, my card because they were super interested.  Being Mormons, I was compelled to tell them about how of all the States I walked through, fourteen of them, I found the dominant Mormon state of Utah to be the best  They were delighted to hear that.

"And just what order do you belong to Swami, I didn't catch that?" asked the former U.S. Navel officer.

"Hare Krishna!"

"Oh sure, I remember.  The airport.  Us guys were coming from our naval duties and you guys would meet us at the airport.  I remember the music.  The tambourines."

I mentioned to the gentleman that the airport encounters were only in the States.  Nowhere else.  Perhaps I came across somewhat apologetically for fear that maybe he felt harassed by a Krishna monk trying to sell a book, but no, he found us favourable.

Both he and his wife were so pleasant.  I mentioned that the Mormons and Krishnas are the best of friends in Salt Lake City and Spanish Fork, Utah.  In fact a beautiful temple is nestled in the mountain-backdrop countryside near Spanish Fork, and the Mormons gave a large donation to build that place resembling a Kusum Sarovara style mandir.  http://www.utahkrishnas.org

My flight was made pleasant due to having met that couple who hail from Lethbridge, Alberta, the birth place of Joni Mitchell.

"When I walked through your town, there was also a zombie walk going on,” I said.  They smiled.

May the Source be with you!
0 km



No comments: