Sunday 13 November 2016

Wednesday, November 9th, 2016

Toronto, Ontario
  
Krishna Says to Be Yourself


I participated in two morning sadhana programs at Day and Virginia Streets in Miami.  Then a flight by Air Canada took me back home, where I took advantage of a quiet evening walk through the Rosedale neighbourhood, which over the years has always been a place of head-clearing.  It carries an air of optimism with its mature, fall trees—the homes like huge estates, and people particularly nice to me as they pass by on foot.  There’s never a car congestion issue in the area I trek.  It is safe and sound and a great neighbourhood with winding streets, as opposed to a grid dynamic.

I returned to the ashram, as well as my bed, and after a good slumber I dwelt on the good verses of the Bhagavad-gita, and the theme of not denying your psycho-physical nature.

Very inspiring!

18:58:  If you become conscious of Me, you will pass over all the obstacles of conditioned life by My grace.  If, however, you do not work in such consciousness but act through false ego, not hearing Me, you will be lost.

18:59:  If you do not act according to My direction and do not fight, then you will be falsely directed.  By your nature, you will have to be engaged in warfare.

18:60:  Under illusion you are now declining to act according to My direction.  But compelled by the work born of your own nature, you will act all the same, O son of Kunti.

The theme here is of surrender and to be yourself.

May the Source be with you!


6 km

No comments: