Wednesday 23 November 2016

Saturday, November 19th, 2016

Buenos Aires, Argentina
  
Deal With the Fluff


In the Spanish world they have a saying:  Si te gusta el durazno bancate la pelusa.  “If you like peaches, you must deal with the fluff.”

A conversation I had with two young people, who shared this with me, addressed the austerity that one is obliged to do this if you really want to enjoy life.  They also pointed out a song from the 80’s “Every rose has its thorn” by the unplugged group “Poison.”

Duality is what we must live with in this world, whether we like it or not.  Sweet and sour play together in the real world.  Enough of this subject is contained in the Bhagavad-gita.

Since I arrived here in Buenos Aires, it’s been time spent in hard work, which is motivated by wanting a good result (as best as possible).  Our production of “Krishna Is…” comes with co-operation, timeliness and listening.

Unfortunately, my Spanish stinks.  I’m picking up on some words.  I’ll say, “Hermoso” which means “beautiful” when I think the actors really put forth their best at a practice.  I’m committed to encouragement to augment the performance.  The good Lord knows I raise my voice at times in order that our troupe keeps focused on the project.  Directors are permitted to do such things.  A touch of discipline can’t spoil the purchase.  It enhances.

My experience thus far in dealing with the young to mid-age in the drama has been good, except for the mañana spirit that sometimes kicks in.  Delay, or being late in showing up is a kind of procrastination.  Being “on time” is a welcome austerity.

May the Source be with you!


0 km

No comments: