Tuesday 15 September 2015

Sunday, September 6th, 2015

Sunday, September 6th, 2015
Toronto, Ontario

In Our Hand

Another beautiful day marks our calendar. It is called Vyasa-Puja, the day for remembering our guru, Srila Prabhupada, on his birthday. I will present to you now my poem which I offered to him.

In Our Hand

I keep in my kurta pocket

A worry that you’ll be forgotten

That results of hard work done

Will be tossed like air on soft cotton
 

I have a thought that

The cutting edge you brought

Will be twisted

In all that you’ve taught

 
I have a concern that

As the clock keeps ticking

And time passes quickly

Kali increases his devious tricking

 
I have a humble opinion

That danger lurks ahead

Unless we stick to our guns,

Anchor sadhana and kirtan be spread

 
In my other pocket a feeling

That your mercy will linger

Success will be proceeding

Where ‘ere you point the finger

 
I can say for certain

That fifty years have passed

Recognition will come

Your legacy bound to last

 
I have these mixed feelings

Regarding failure or success

Only time will tell –

Make, break, or be a mess

 
Yours was the first step

Ours is the second

The third, and fourth –

The deck is in our hand

 

May the Source be with you!

7 km

 

No comments: