Monday 7 September 2015

Saturday, August 29th, 2015


Saturday, August 29th, 2015
Plainfield, New Jersey

Showers on the Day

Danudhar Swami and I haven’t met in years but he heard about my anticipated walk retracing the steps of our guru, Srila Prabhupada, 50 years ago. He wished me well. He asked me what shoes I preferred to wear on my pilgrimages. I told him I like to wear air, meaning that I use footwear that allows you to breathe. In the midst of the crowd that came for the celebrations of the Krishna deity installation, I also met an elderly female devotee who walks with a cane. She does so very meticulously and slowly. She deliberately takes those regular strolls being inspired by the walking I’ve done. “I read about you doing those long walks and it always encourages me.”

Now that was great to hear.

It was early while I was bound for the temple complex where much chanting went on and multiple rituals were in progress, executed both by old friends and members of our second generation Hare Krishna community. I had trekked along North Randolphville to Williams Street, then New Market Road, and finally Vail Street which becomes West 7th Street.

And then back.

After a full day of spiritual output, I traced back the steps from the early morning. It was only on my return trip that I spotted the toy train shop which looks like many of the other buildings but is obscured from the night darkness.

I also have to say something about the performance of our drama, Blue Mystic. Our actors pulled off a good show. Co-operative activity makes all things happen. It was hard labour piecing it together, therefore, it was a good reason for the wind down walk in the night time.

Blessings were showered on the day by the mercy of guru.
 

May the Source be with you!

12 km

 

No comments: