Monday 19 January 2015

Monday, January 12th, 2015

Georgetown, Guyana

Never Be Shallow And Hollow


Time has sped by, now being the last day in Guyana, the pangs from separation from the dear devotees started to set in.  We worked and played hard together to pull off an impactful five days of celebration on foot.  For some of wetness was welling in eyes as it was time to depart for the airport en route to Trinidad.

Before that, however, some devotees were destined for diksa, the initiation ceremony.  In keeping record for those four souls this morning, I herein document them.  For the two men: Sunil is now Sanjay, and Seedat Hardat is now Hari Narayan.  For the two women:  Priya is now Param Dhama, and Bhagmatee is now Bhavatarini. 

I spoke about the significance of the event and right beside me was my godbrother, Dina Bandhu, who also shared some words of wisdom on the meaning of initiation which really means getting started, meaning, blessings coming from well-wishers. 

Flying to Trinidad was brief, one hour only.  Agnidev, who’s known globally for sweet kirtan chanting, gave me some of his time.  His structured evening program entailed Gita discussion and reading from the book, ‘Nectar of Devotion’.  He asked me to take care of that.  I was quite impressed with attendance from the community. 

I would say that the highlight of the devotional topic was, “Move with both body and heart, never be shallow and hollow in bhakti.

May the Source be with you!

3 KM

No comments: