Tuesday 9 September 2014

Saturday, September 6th, 2014

Scarborough, Ontario

Going to a Fair


“Are you going to Scarborough Fair?  Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme…”

Simon and Garfunkel. 

A god brother, Kala, drove me to Scarborough, and to a type of fair.  Actually, it was the 2nd annual Chariot Fest for that community.  It was not ‘parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme’, but more like, ‘curry, cumin, turmeric and lime’.  Actually the prasadam, (food) was very yummy.

Dr. Cho, who hails from South Korea, is a city councilor, he came to participate along with other dignitaries.  Naturally, they had good things to say in support of the event. 

I was also impressed with the number of Chinese folks standing by in delight as our Krishna community passed by in chanting formation.  Milliken Park was the venue – a great spot.  When I think about it, over the stretch of one day, I get to trek in several locations, this being one of them.  Yes, it’s good to get around. 

Our drama troupe did a great rendering of ‘Little Big Ramayan’ judging by the response.  In my position, I can engage some people in walking, some in theatre, some in administration, and some in driving me one place to another.  The diversity is sweet, variety is the spice of life.

May the Source be with you!

8 KM

No comments: