Monday 26 May 2014

Saturday, May 24th, 2014

Taber / Calgary, Alberta
Two People in One Way

In the town of East End last night, Brenda had hosted us at her home for a satsang (spiritual gathering).  This evening, Radha Madhava and Swasti opened their home for a similar gathering, only tonight was unique in that Michael and I shared in the use of the microphone.  I had invited him to tell his stories about his trans Canada walk, as I did mine.  Our Krishna community in Calgary is accustomed to hearing a swami speak at a gathering such as this.  I thought it would be nice for the group to hear a lay person talk as well. 

It seemed to be the obvious topic, walking.  Especially after my first day of reconvening the fourth CanWalk for its last stretch.  From Taber, Alberta, I ventured the 23 kilometre stretch on the Crows Nest Pass to Coaldale.  How liberating it is being back on the road. 

In comparing notes of treks of both Michael and I, you hardly could tell we were different people.  We both like the self imposed life of simplicity, the naps in graveyards, and sleeping in a tent at night, interacting with other travellers, encountering wildlife, and the securing of wisdom that comes from the road.  It was also interesting that one passionate walker fully backed up the other.  Today, I did the walking, while Michael drove his vehicle as a support. 

It is said that wisdom and renunciation are two highly aspired for acquisitions by yogis, and I would also say that pilgrimage offers both benefits.  It all turns devotional when you share your stories of what you saw, heard, smelled, tasted and touched, and in connection with the wonders of the Creator.  That is what makes the walking clearly divine, clearly devotional. 

May the Source be with you!

35 KM

No comments: