Thursday 3 April 2014

Monday, March 31st, 2014

Toronto, Ontario

Walking Helps

Two mature women noticed me ambling along on Bloor Street.  They began to speak and ask me if I was praying after seeing my right hand fingering my beads.

“Yes, as a matter of fact.”

“Maybe you can help us?”

“I’ll see if I can,” I said, and prepared myself to listen.

“Did you know that medicare in Canada could get compromised?  You know that Tommy Douglas brought medicare to this country?”

“Yes, and by the way, last summer I was on a pilgrimage and I was walking in the district where he was born and raised.”

“In Saskatchewan, right?  Well we just came from a meeting and his daughter was there, she’s about 80.”

“Is that right?”

“Please help us.  Fill out this form, put in your vote for the Government to renegotiate for the new Health Accord.  We are really concerned.”

“Sure, give me a few of your forms for the people in my ashram.”

“So, you’re a Buddhist?”

“No, Hare Krishna.”  We parted congenially.

The big concern in the US today is just that, medical health.  Obama is trying to secure a reasonable health care system for Americans.  It seems there’s a need.  There is, of course, a lot that can be said about investing in preventative illness through education.   If you look at the average diet people are on in North America, it’s no wonder ailments are on the epidemic level.  Anyways, I vouch for and would vote for healthy food and a karma free diet for all human beings.  Walking helps.

May the Source be with you!

5 KM

No comments: