Saturday 21 July 2007

Ontario/Earlton

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

He handed me five 20 dollar bills right there on the highway and said, "I always had a fondness towards monks ever since I was a kid when I met one in Germany." Then he went on his way. This is Northern niceness.

Earlier on I had gone into the CJBB radio studio with Rick in Englehart. I came out feeling not adequate in my presentation. The advantage to this is that I can hope to improve. I was also interviewed by Elysha at CJTT in New Liskeard and that was an improvement, but still...

New Liskeard is gearing up for a massive Biker's Fest, a program that attracts bikers from all over the world. Elysha implied that there are bikers of all types, mild and less mild. One of the most friendly people we encountered were Scott and his ten year old daughter Brenna. He saw me emerging from the morning mist at 5AM along Hwy. 11. By providence he seemed to be bumping into our party crew several times. He also recommended a great campsite in New Liskeard.

Betty White, 91, is a sweet darling of a lady. She is our host at the camp on Lake Temagami. She moved to Canada in 1946 from Wales and has not dropped the accent of charm over all these years. It's the variety that spares our world of monotony. All thanks to the creator.

38 kms

No comments: