Sunday 28 November 2021

Monday, November 22, 2021

Montreal, Quebec

In Separation

I wanted to offer my congratulations to the four new initiates from Mauritius. This last Sunday, we got plugged into the Zoom system with the community in Bon Accueil, in that country which apparently holds the post of having the most covid deaths per capita in the world at present. There is no way that I would be physically present in this otherwise lovely nation with the virus being too infectiously in the atmosphere. Things are done in separation these days.

Kudos go to Akilesh who received the name Akilananda, Arvind as Achyuta, Yasna as Yasoda Mayi, and Sweety as Sarsti. May Sri Krishna bless them with the good life of honesty and sensibility, straightforwardness and purity. Three devotees at the event took their second initiation – Danapati, Maha Laksmi, and Divya Jnan. May you all prosper spirituality.

While I was physical apart from this devotional group in Mauritius, I committed myself to visit another French-speaking community – Quebec. It was time to visit Montreal. That I did via the railway line that goes by the name Via Rail. I was happy to see renovations completed at Toronto’s Union Station. It looks really good.

Travelling by train is always a pleasure. The only thing is I was lusting over being in the outdoors. From the window there is more forest, rivers, lakes, swamps and farmland than concrete and glass condos. With the sun shining and all the rural niceness I really did wish to exercise my limbs in the shape of walking. Walking only transpired after I de-trained. I put in a humble 2 kilometres.

 

May the Source be with you!

2 km.


 

No comments: